When should you follow this training?
When you are experiencing too many hiccups and problems in your projects and programs due to an inadequate preparation.
Key topics covered
The importance of conducting solid pre-project work. Learning to look at the own organization and the outside world. Understanding that egos are at play. Stakeholders to engage early on and methods to extract existing sometimes concealed but required knowledge. Understanding different pre-project analytical methods to define what you don’t know. Key “close the curtain questions” before you green light project/program preparation activities.
Why Is This Training Program Different?
- Some of the challenges you are confronted with are not solvable using ‘normal approaches’, standard methodologies and tools. In fact “Business Transformation”, when looked at in its full maturity, is a very broad domain.
- The full program follows a logical pattern, to help you keep your overview and to connect the dots.
- We give you some pre-read work and ask you to prepare your own case relating to the specific training you will be attending.
- We give you a detailed syllabus, but only show the models ‘real live’ that will help you to get your head (and hands) around the topics you are facing.
- You will also learn how your peers in other organizations are doing and what they face.
We look at your challenges in a down to earth and pragmatic way, allowing multiple angles, using the experience of the participants and the trainer.
Most of all, we liberate what is inside you, but what you don’t yet understand or show, in order to deal with the topics at hand.
- Business Analysts, Project Managers, Program Managers, Quality Assurance Managers, Change Agents, Facilitators Of Transformation, Organizational Designers and Business Coaches.
- HR Practitioners, Line Managers often involved in projects and/or programs.
- Junior, Medior and Senior Level in these fields.
The main topics we will handle, refer to and/or look at are:
- Understanding the importance of solid pre – project/program work.
- How do we look at the outside world and our own organization and why do we need this info before starting any important “Business Transformation” project/program.
- Understanding that business process ownership largely relates to status and power play...! And so the battle of the egos might play during your project/program.
- Which stakeholders do we need to involve very early on, even before the formal project/program is drafted. Why and how.
- Which methods/tools do we use to extract existing knowledge that might be useful, such as Appreciative Inquiry.
- Which basic pre-project “analytical” methods do we use to know what we don’t know, that might be critical during the project/program, such as Risk Assessments, Creative Thinking Model, Finding San Francisco, The Definition Of Done, etc.
- Mapping what we know and don’t know via the Six Chambers Model and the Issues Map.
- Why you should do a triple check before going in project/program drafting mode.
- Understanding The Oscar Model, if you are still unclear on going ahead or not.
- Which “close the curtain questions” you should ask before you give a green light to project/program preparation activities?
Marc Van Obberghen, Strategic Transformational Leader & Seasoned Organizational Guide.
Duration & Dates
- This is a 2 day training.
- Starting at 09.00 am till 17.00 pm. Precise dates, per period can be found on our website.
- The training material is in English. The training however is given in the Dutch language.
- € 1.520, Excl. VAT. Including drinks, luxury breads, dessert, one book and additional reading material.
- This training can be followed, using the KMO Portefeuille.
- Our License Number is DV.O216943.
We use the training facility of Restaurant Condacum in Kontich.
The complete invoice amount is due before the start date of the training. And needs to be paid no later than one month in advance of the start date of the training.
In case of cancellation, there will be no refunds. A colleague however can take your place.
Carve (Y)our Future® Program is © 2018 Vade Ad Cor. All rights reserved. No part of the training may be reproduced, communicated or disseminated without Vade Ad Cor’s prior and written authorization. By participating in the training you confirm that Carve (Y)our Future® Program is Vade Ad Cor’s exclusive (intellectual) property.