When should you follow this training?
When you want to understand how knowing your environment, good strategy execution and trusted advisory will help you to sell and run transformation programs.
Key topics covered
A lot of strategic initiatives fail. Know that you will encounter some bad guys on your strategy execution path. Executing strategy goes with a lot of organizational and individual learning. Let’s look at how influence is used and why we need knowledge on the theory of needs. How is influence and power used in your organization? Understanding that batteries run dry and sometimes need to be replaced. As trusted advisors we mindfully hold space, builds trust and understand that resistance is a natural state. But how? Inadequate setting and fulfillment of expectations cause failed programs. Good contracting is the solution to that. The voice of judgement, cynicism and fear might play when you sell. How to deal with this.
Why Is This Training Program Different?
- Some of the challenges you are confronted with are not solvable using ‘normal approaches’, standard methodologies and tools. In fact “Business Transformation”, when looked at in its full maturity, is a very broad domain.
- The full program follows a logical pattern, to help you keep your overview and to connect the dots.
- We give you some pre-read work and ask you to prepare your own case relating to the specific training you will be attending.
- We give you a detailed syllabus, but only show the models ‘real live’ that will help you to get your head (and hands) around the topics you are facing.
- You will also learn how your peers in other organizations are doing and what they face.
We look at your challenges in a down to earth and pragmatic way, allowing multiple angles, using the experience of the participants and the trainer.
Most of all, we liberate what is inside you, but what you don’t yet understand or show, in order to deal with the topics at hand.
- Business Analysts, Project Managers, Program Managers, Quality Assurance Managers, Change Agents, Facilitators Of Transformation, Organizational Designers and Business Coaches.
- HR Practitioners, Line Managers often involved in projects and/or programs.
- Senior and Principal Level in these fields.
The main topics we will handle, refer to and/or look at are:
- What the heck are… advancers?
- Rather sobering figures on how strategic initiatives are run and what should be done differently.
- The seven villains you will encounter when you go into strategy executions and how to deal with them.
- A simple strategy execution framework that works and that allows double loop learning on and organizational and individual level.
- Now, let’s look at strategy execution in your organization and how it impacts you as a manager/leader.
- To warm up, understand that there are six key influencing principles and that you really need to understand the theory of needs.
- Different people use different decision taking processes. They can be based on instinct, sub conscious beliefs, conscious beliefs, values, intuition & inspiration.
- There is a fundamental difference between influence and power. Some exercises on how both are used in your organization. How well is your C-suite actually doing?
- According to the Dakota Indians the dead horse theory helps you to understand that you might need … a new horse!
- Are you a high performer? How important are ranks for you? What is your view on winning? And what is our success equation!
- As a leader we don’t create followers. Where should you focus on as a natural leader and how do you recognize the coaching maturity of your organization.
- Understanding the basics on mindfully holding space and on the three basic skills for trusted advisors.
- What is the trust and the effective advice equation? And how do we build trust?
- Understand that both client and trusted advisor have fears and wishes and that resistance is a very natural state. And learn, most importantly, not to take it personally.
- What we can learn from the invasion of Panama on the kind of troops to be deployed, trusted advisory and very, very… short communication lines.
- Most people feel uncomfortable with selling change. It’s important to understand the difference between selling, persuading, influencing & manipulating.
- Most issues during transformation are caused by inadequate setting and fulfillment of expectations. How you are treated in the (pre) “contracting” phase will tell you a lot on how the project will evolve…! In case of doubt, you might have to bail out.
- In critical conversations everybody is subject to the voice of judgement, cynicism and fear. And just by listening emphatically and generatively, a new future might emerge…!
Marc Van Obberghen, Seasoned Business Transformation Practitioner & Coach.
Duration & Dates
- This is a 4 day training.
- Starting at 09.00 am till 17.00 pm. Precise dates, per period can be found on our website.
- Training material in English, training given in the Dutch language.
- € 2.650, Excl. VAT. Including drinks, luxury breads, dessert and additional reading material.
- This training can be followed, using the KMO Portefeuille.
- Our License Number is DV.O216943.
We use different training locations around Leuven.
Upon subscription, you will receive the precise location based on the training and date you have chosen.
The complete invoice amount is due before the start date of the training. And needs to be paid no later than one month in advance of the start date of the training.
In case of cancellation, there will be no refunds. A colleague however can take your place.
Carve (Y)our Future® Program is © 2018 Vade Ad Cor. All rights reserved. No part of the training may be reproduced, communicated or disseminated without Vade Ad Cor’s prior and written authorization. By participating in the training you confirm that Carve (Y)our Future® Program is Vade Ad Cor’s exclusive (intellectual) property.
18/05 & 19/05 & 15/06 & 16/06
|Event Date||18-05-2020 9:00 am|