When should you follow this training?
When you experience too much politics and power play combined with too little ethics and integrity. When this behavior is making your organization a neglected, non-agile and unhealthy organization.
Key topics covered
The recruitment and talent development cycle is sometimes influenced by politics and power play. Six dynamics might play. What to do with difficult and toxic employees. How do we win tribes over? Understanding the seven power sources is key to understanding your own natural power base, how you are perceived and how you handle conflict. Apply strategic talent management to avoid that you recruit or continue to retain self-interest driven employees. Why politics and power play lead to non-agile organizations. Learning to use the sixteen negligence parameters. Why are the unique skills of strategists needed to heal organizations?
Why Is This Training Program Different?
- Some of the challenges you are confronted with are not solvable using ‘normal approaches’, standard methodologies and tools. In fact “Business Transformation”, when looked at in its full maturity, is a very broad domain.
- The full program follows a logical pattern, to help you keep your overview and to connect the dots.
- We give you some pre-read work and ask you to prepare your own case relating to the specific training you will be attending.
- We give you a detailed syllabus, but only show the models ‘real live’ that will help you to get your head (and hands) around the topics you are facing.
- You will also learn how your peers in other organizations are doing and what they face.
We look at your challenges in a down to earth and pragmatic way, allowing multiple angles, using the experience of the participants and the trainer.
Most of all, we liberate what is inside you, but what you don’t yet understand or show, in order to deal with the topics at hand.
- Business Analysts, Project Managers, Program Managers, Quality Assurance Managers, Change Agents, Facilitators Of Transformation, Organizational Designers and Business Coaches.
- HR Practitioners, Line Managers often involved in projects and/or programs.
- Senior and Principal Level in these fields.
The main topics we will handle, refer to and/or look at are:
- What transformational CEO’s need to do to make their organization future proof. It’s about opting in… or opting out!
- Some sobering figures on high potentials. And a view at the six dynamics that play in the development cycle of potential leaders.
- How to deal with difficult and toxic employees and why applying the “Arrogant Asshole” rule might be a wise thing to do.
- Can you tune your enemies into allies? Why we need highly trained operators to understand and deal with “tribal behavior”. Which risk are related and why do you need to show muscle and humanity at the same time.
- It starts with understanding the seven classic sources of power. And then understanding your own natural power base, how you are perceived and what your basic conflict handling style is.
- Understanding the theory of self – interest. To avoid these kind of self –interest driven employees for the future, you need to start applying the three cycles of the strategic talent management chain.
- Marcus Aurelius Antonius will help us to understand the most important elements for an ethical and honest life. Very old school? Not at all. As up to date as can be!
- Politics and power play block organizations from becoming agile. What you need to understand on managing stable and dynamic practices.
- Politics and power play lead to neglected organizations. Understanding the early warning signs is a starter.
- Stepping back a bit and understanding the four parenting styles. But also the four styles of inadequate upbringing and how this causes problematic behavior.
- Definition and characteristics of neglected organizations and the very opposite, characteristics of organizational health. And why you need to understand how resilient your organization is now!
- Learning to use the sixteen negligence parameters and the seven phases needed in the recovery of neglected organizations.
- Why you need to understand in depth the four leadership styles based on consideration and initiating structure to help neglected organizations. And also be capable to see the difference between destructive and toxic leaders.
- Preliminary conclusion? You need the unique leadership qualities of strategists to heal organizations.
- To finalize we will practise on dealing with dominant coalitions and individuals by using I - TRAC.
Marc Van Obberghen, Strategic Transformational Leader & Seasoned Organizational Guide.
Duration & Dates
- This is a 2 day training.
- Starting at 09.00 am till 17.00 pm. Precise dates, per period can be found on our website.
- The training material is in English. The training however is given in the Dutch language.
- € 1.520, Excl. VAT. Including drinks, luxury breads, dessert, one book and additional reading material.
- This training can be followed, using the KMO Portefeuille.
- Our License Number is DV.O216943.
We try to use a training location in the center of the regions where the trainees come from.
The complete invoice amount is due before the start date of the training. And needs to be paid no later than one month in advance of the start date of the training.
In case of cancellation, there will be no refunds. A colleague however can take your place.
Carve (Y)our Future® Program is © 2018 Vade Ad Cor. All rights reserved. No part of the training may be reproduced, communicated or disseminated without Vade Ad Cor’s prior and written authorization. By participating in the training you confirm that Carve (Y)our Future® Program is Vade Ad Cor’s exclusive (intellectual) property.